B is for Buns!

I'm pretty certain that when I get going in my small little kitchen, I start to look something like a mad scientist -hair goes everywhere, cheeks start getting flushed from a combination of excitement and heat being generated in the small space of my condo, I get focused and won't stop until I get just the perfect combination to make the perfect creation!


Tonight's concoction - Turkey Chili & Cinnamon Buns! 


***Warning - A lot of sugar and butter is about to be consumed!***


Cinnamon Buns - adapted from here:  
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
8 gram package of self - rising yeast
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup lukewarm water
1 egg
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tbsp cinnamon 
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup pecans


Glaze/Sauce
3/4 butter or margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed


1. Heat milk in a pot until it bubbles, remove it from the heat and mix in 1/4 cup butter until melted. Set aside and let cool to lukewarm.
2. In a large bowl, combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, white sugar, salt. Add the egg, water, milk mixture and beat well. Add the remaining 1 cup of flour, 1/2 cup at a time until the dough pulls together.
3. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes until the dough is smooth. Cover with a damp cloth and let sit for 10 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough to a 12 X 12 rectangle.
5. In a small bowl, mix 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter and 1 tbsp cinnamon. Spread this mixture onto the rolled out dough.
6. Roll up the dough and cut into 12 rolls.
7. Grease a 9 X 13 pan.
8. Melt 3/4 cup butter and add 3/4 cup brown sugar. Pour half of this mixture onto the bottom of your greased pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of your pecans.
9. Place your rolls on top of this. Pour the remaining mixture on the top of your rolls and sprinkle with the remaining pecans. 


Bake at 375F for 20 minutes.


Eat warm or cold, but most importantly ENJOY!! xo





Comments

  1. mmmmm I love butter and sugar! And I adore cinnamon buns! These look great :)

    p.s I'm not sure if you have this for your blog ..but if you have the name/url option for people to comment...I'm not sure if I can sign in with my google account but I will try :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!