Yay Monday (no really... YAY)!

Monday didn't have my most favorite start today, but it improved as the day progressed! I've often referred to Monday as a recurring hangover without the drinking, and it really is at times! 

Kyla, you just said Monday was a recurring hangover.... Why yay!?
1. Because work is busy and I do really like being busy at work.
2. (This is really why) I GOT MY FOOD PENPAL TODAY!!! Yippee!! I'm all shopped up and ready to send! AMAZING. You should join - really... for real - join! Go here. Who doesn't like food and who doesn't like surprises in the mail!? 
3. I went to yoga because I could hardly sit, walk or stand without my hips screaming at me from my run yesterday and it made me feel better. 
4. I made a delicious dinner of Coconut Crusted Salmon, Sauteed Spinach and Cauliflower Mash. DELICIOUS! 

Last night, I went a little nuts. I even made my BFF come over and pick up food because it was out of control. I sent her home with Black Bean Brownies, Butternut Squash Soup, Mexican Pulled Pork, Gordon's Cookies, and had already brought her Pumpkin Oat Muffins the evening before. YES, you can all be my friends. Ask my work buddy (you know who you are) I brought her so much food last week. The more food I bring you, the more I love you (please bare in mind, you can't be fussy and you have to like spice as a general rule - if you meet those criteria, you'll probably be in the mix of beneficiaries). But even if you don't meet this criteria, I'll still give you food (and still love you) and you can feed it to your dog, husband, boyfriend, roommate, homeless man, etc and I wouldn't know any better. Food = Love. 

So, not only did I make Turkey Muffins and Black Bean Brownies - I also made some spiced nuts. See below....

Spiced Nuts! inspired by this recipe
What a nice spoon! Thanks Ian!
2/3 cup pecans
2/3 cup walnuts
2/3 cup almonds
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil



Place your nuts in a heated frying pan. I am sure cast-iron works better, but this worked fine too. Toast your nuts - you can tell when they are browned and if you taste - they are a bit crunchy and more delicious! While these babies are toasting, prepare your spice mixture. Coat the nuts with olive oil and the spices.

ENJOY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Foodie Penpal

Weekend Update!

Black Bean Brownies.... At Last!